Our animation idea for the Warburtons advert is that it takes place during the Rio Bagel Olympics 2016. A fat bagel is competing against the new Warburtons thin bagel in a weightlifting match, the thin bagel wins as it is faster, younger and quicker . The thin bagel is better at all of the sports.
The Warburtons bagel wins, the fat bagel is well-known and the thin bagel is new competition. At the end of the race it cuts to the Warburtons logo on a blank screen with the hashtag Bolton the Bagel (thin bagel) to help get the advert known and shared on social media.
The messages of this advert:
- Don’t have to feel like eating a regular bagel to feel strong enough to start the day.
- Eating the thin bagel gives you more energy without making you feel sleepy.
- Thin bagel has less calories, so it is better for your health.
- Eating a thin bagel makes you feel strong whereas a regular bagel can make you bloated and tired.
- Female bagel is stronger even if it is seen to be weaker, even if it is smaller and thinner.
- Can still be fit while eating bagels,as they are newer and better for your health.
- Women can be strong too.
- Weightlifting is stereotypically a male dominated sport, having the setting as a weightlifting match featuring a female bagel will attract more attention as it is not something that is seen very often, which will make sure that the advert is memorable.